Autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et dolore feugait

Tenants, do you have insurance cover for your possessions?



Why risk losing everything you own?


Here at Imperial Claims, we have recently assisted several landlords following fires at their  rental properties. The Landlords all had good levels of building insurance, including loss of rent cover, meaning their rent will be covered until the property is repaired and is able to be re-let, however not one of the tenants had any insurance cover for their possessions and have lost absolutely everything.


May people are not aware that Landlords Insurance cover does not cover tenants furnishings or possessions,  tenants must take out their own policy.


For less than the cost of a takeaway, (around £8-10 per month), tenants can buy contents insurance, to cover their possessions. It is devastating to attend house fire’s where tenants have lost absolutely everything they possess and do not have the means to replace essential items, like beds, sofas, kids toys, cooker, clothes and tv’s etc.


It is imperative that when you take out an insurance policy, you are careful to answer all questions truthfully and ensure that all information is accurate once your documents arrive.  If you have any changes in circumstances you must tell your insurance company straight away, as failure to do so may result in your claim being denied.


Insurance companies do check the information given in the event of a claim, and have even  been known to check claimants social media accounts to ensure that the claim is truthful and factual.


We understand that money is often tight, however for just a couple of pounds per week, you would have the means to replace your possessions should a disaster occur.




Share On Facebook
Share On Twitter
Share On Linkedin

Leave a Reply

Imperial Claims Consultants Ltd is an appointed representative of John Zelig Fogel (FCA firm registration number 314000) which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The FCA firm registration number of Imperial Claims Consultants Ltd is 573197.