Faulty Whirlpool tumble dryers – it’s not just carelessness that causes fires

The UK government is said to be stepping in to aid the recall of half a million Whirlpool tumble dryers after 750 house fires were ’caused’ by a massive five million faulty machines. At Imperial Claims Consultants, we see so many house fires caused by accidents and carelessness, for example chip pan fires or appliances …

Read MoreFaulty Whirlpool tumble dryers – it’s not just carelessness that causes fires

FIRE KILLS! – How to stay safe from fire in your home

cannabis farm

A new video has emerged on TV screens warning about the dangers of fire. The Fire Kills Campaign highlights just how quickly a fire can start. Over 3,000 fires and 200 deaths every year are caused by something going wrong in the kitchen: An overloaded tumble dryer lint drawer… A tea towel left too close …

Read MoreFIRE KILLS! – How to stay safe from fire in your home

Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors for Landlords.

In October 2015 new laws were brought in for Landlords regarding smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Following the very sad and preventable death of a two tenants of a possible unlicensed HMO property in London recently, we thought we would advise of the correct and legal requirements for landlords regarding smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. …

Read MoreSmoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors for Landlords.

Keep Safe!

Looking through the logs from North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service, I noticed the below job. House fire – Borrowby Time of call: 1250 hours – 12.04.2018 Crews from Thirsk and  Northallerton have dealt with a fire involving a central heating boiler in a domestic property. Damage was confined to the boiler itself. The cause …

Read MoreKeep Safe!

Let's Start A Conversation